Dr. Aikaterini Tzafilkou is currently an Academic Scholar at the School of Science and Technology of the International Hellenic University. In addition, she holds the position of Academic Associate at the University of Macedonia (GR) and has teaching experience in postgraduate programs at Aristotle University and the Hellenic Open University.
Also, Dr. Tzafilkou is currently a postdoctoral researcher in the field of Educational Technology and Affective Computing at the University of Macedonia, having been awarded a scholarship from the State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) for her postdoctoral research.
She possesses a PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, an MSc in Information Systems, and a BA in International and European Studies, obtained from the University of Macedonia (GR).
She has worked on several research projects and has published many research paper in high impact international journals.
- Perifanou, M. A., Tzafilkou, K., & Economides, A. A. (2023). Teacher intention to transfer ICT training when integrating digital technologies in education: The teacher transfer of ICT training model (TeTra-ICT). European Journal of Education, 58, 111– 129. https://doi.org/10.1111/ejed.12534
- Pellas N, Tzafilkou K. (2023). The Influence of Absorption and Need for Cognition on Students’ Learning Outcomes in Educational Robot-Supported Projects. Education Sciences. 2023, 13(4):379. https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci13040379
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M. & Economides, A.A. (2022). Development and validation of students’ digital competence scale (SDiCoS). Int J Educ Technol High Educ, 19, 30. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41239-022-00330-0
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2022). STEM Distance Teaching: Investigating STEM Teachers’ Attitudes, Barriers, and Training Needs. Education Sciences, 12, 790. https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci12110790
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2022). Socio-emotional characteristics of emergency distance teaching: A mixed-method investigation in Greece. Journal of Information Technology Education: Research, 21, 53-73. https://doi.org/10.28945/4918
- Perifanou, M. A., Tzafilkou, K., & Economides, A. A. (2022). Teacher intention to transfer ICT training when integrating digital technologies in education: The teacher transfer of ICT training model (TeTra-ICT). European Journal of Education, 00, 1– 19. https://doi.org/10.1111/ejed.12534
- Cîrtiță-Buzoianu C, Tzafilkou K, Mâță L, Amălăncei B-M. (2022). Evaluation of Online and Offline Communication Skills in Higher Education. Sustainability. 14(24), 17039. https://doi.org/10.3390/su142417039
- Balta, N., Japashov, N., Mansurova, A., Tzafilkou, K., Oliveira, A. W., & Lathrop, R. (2022). Middle- and secondary-school students' STEM career interest and its relationship to gender, grades, and family size in Kazakhstan. Science Education, 1– 26. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.21776
- Perifanou, M., Economides, A. A., & Tzafilkou, K. (2022). Greek teachers’ difficulties & opportunities in emergency distance teaching. E-Learning and Digital Media, 19(4), 361–379. https://doi.org/10.1177/20427530221092854
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2022). Factors affecting teachers’ transfer of ICT training: Considering usefulness and satisfaction in a PLS-SEM transfer training model. Journal of Adult and Continuing Education, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1177/14779714221096500
- Amălăncei B-M, Tzafilkou K, Mâță L, Cîrtiță-Buzoianu C. (2022). Measuring Romanian Students’ Attitude towards the Ethical Use of Social Networks. Sustainability. 2022, 14(17),10907. https://doi.org/10.3390/su141710907
- Tzafilkou, K., Karapiperis, D., & Verykios, V. S. (2022). "Empowering Affect-Aware Systems by Monitoring Mouse Speed and Acceleration," 2022 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2). 1-7, https://doi.org/10.1109/ISC255366.2022.9921873
- Tzafilkou, K., Panavou, F. R., & Economides, A. A. (2022). “Facially Expressed Emotions and Hedonic Liking on Social Media Food Marketing Campaigns: Comparing Different Types of Products and Media Posts”,2022 17th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation & Personalization (SMAP), 1-6, https://doi.org/10.1109/SMAP56125.2022.9942096
- Papanikolaou, I., & Tzafilkou, K. (2022). “Online Marketing Synergy Combining self-reported and real-time data to examine the effect of user-generated keywords and emotions for a tourism campaign”. 2022 17th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation & Personalization (SMAP), 1-6, https://doi.org/10.1109/SMAP56125.2022.9941866.
- Oikonomopoulos, S., Tzafilkou, K., Karapiperis, D., & Verykios, V. (2022). “Cryptocurrency Price Prediction using Social Media Sentiment Analysis”. 2022 13th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems & Applications (IISA), Corfu, Greece, 2022, pp. 1-8, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/IISA56318.2022.9904351.
- Papalazaridis, G., Tzafilkou, K., & and Economides, A.A. (2022). “Mobile Augmented Reality and Consumer Experience: A Mixed-Methods Analysis on Emotional Responses and Intention to Buy Household Items” International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-06391-6_65
- Gkikas, D., Tzafilkou, K., Theodoridis, P., Garmpis, A., Gkikas, M. (2022). How do text characteristics impact user engagement in social media posts: Modeling content readability, length, and hashtags number in Facebook, International Journal of Information Management Data Insights. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjimei.2022.100067
- Tzafilkou, K., Economides, A.A., & Protogeros, N. (2022). Mobile Sensing for Emotion Recognition in Smartphones: A Literature Review on Non-Intrusive Methodologies. International Journal of Human–Computer Interaction. 38:11, 1037-1051, https://doi.org/10.1080/10447318.2021.1979290
- Tzafilkou K, Mâță L, Curpănaru GL, Stoica IV, Voinea LN, Șufaru C. (2022). A Comprehensive Instrument to Measure Teachers’ Attitude towards Quality Management in the Context of Online Education. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022, 19(3):1168. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19031168
- Tzafilkou, K., Economides, A.A. (2021). “Mobile Game-Based Learning in Distance Education: A Mixed Analysis of Learners’ Emotions and Gaming Features”. In: Zaphiris, P., Ioannou, A. (eds) Learning and Collaboration Technologies: Games and Virtual Environments for Learning. HCII 2021. Lecture Notes in Computer Science(), vol 12785. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-77943-6_23
- Piskioulis, O., Tzafilkou, K., & Economides, A.A. (2021). Emotion Detection through Smartphone’s Accelerometer and Gyroscope Sensors. In Proceedings of the 29th ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP ‘21). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 130–137. https://doi.org/10.1145/3450613.3456822
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2021). The Role of Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube Frequency of Use in University Students’ Digital Skills Components, Education Science. https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci11120766
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2021). Development and validation of a students’ remote learning attitude scale (RLAS) in higher education, Education and Information Technologies, 26, 7279–7305. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10586-0
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2021). Negative emotions, cognitive load, acceptance, and self-perceived learning outcome in emergency remote education during COVID-19, Education and Information Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10604-1.
- Tzafilkou, K., Perifanou, M., & Economides, A. A. (2021). Teachers’ trainers’ intention and motivation to transfer ICT training: The role of ICT individual factors, gender, and ICT self-efficacy, Education and Information Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10541-z
- Perifanou, M., Economides, A. A., & Tzafilkou, K. (2021). Teachers’ digital skills readiness during COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 8. 16(08), pp. 238–251. https://doi.org/10.3991/ijet.v16i08.21011
- Consumer emotions and video characteristics in YouTube food campaigns: A mixed methodology using face tracking survey and YouTube data mining.
- Digital Competences for Language Teachers –DC4LT (Erasmus+)
- OPENLang Network- Open European Languages and Cultures Network Erasmus+)
- FIELDS: Addressing the current and Future skill needs for sustainability, digitalization, and the bioeconomy in agriculture: European skills Agenda and Strategy Erasmus+)
- End-User Development of Graph-based database centric applications.
- Development of SCORM based Intelligent System for adaptive learning services.
- Development of learning assessment web application based on a differential difficulty mechanism according to the examiner’s feedback.