Panayiotis Bozanis is a full Professor at the Department of Science and Technology, IHU. Previously, he served as a Professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, School of Engineering, University of Thessaly, Greece (Full Prof.: Mar. 2015 – Aug. 2019, Assoc. Prof.: May 2011 – Mar 2015, Assist. Prof.: Oct 2007 – May 2011, Lect.: Apr. 2003 – Oct. 2007, Adj. Prof: Sep. 2000 – Apr. 2003), where he taught Discrete Mathematics, Data Structures, Algorithms, Computer Graphics (undergraduate), and Algorithm Engineering (postgraduate). He held various academic positions at University of Thessaly: Head of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (Sep. 2011 – Oct. 2015), Vice Dean of School of Engineering (Sep. 2013 – Aug. 2015), Founder and Director of the Data Structuring and Engineering Lab (Sep. 2015 – Apr. 2019), Founder and Director of the MSc Programme entitled “Applied Informatics” (Sep. 2015 – Aug. 2017). He holds a 5-year Diploma (1993) and a PhD degree (1997) in Computer Engineering and Informatics, both from University of Patras, Greece. His publications comprise several journals, conference papers, book chapters and eight books in Greek about Data Structures, Algorithms, and Introduction to Computer Science. He participated in several research projects funded by EEA, the EU, and the Greek state. He is an EATCS member. His research interests include, among others: Data Structures and Algorithms, Information Retrieval and Web, Databases and Indexing, Cloud Computing, Big Data and Data Mining, Machine Learning, Smart Grids and IoT, Computational Geometry.
- Athanasios Fevgas, Leonidas Akritidis, Miltiadis Alamaniotis, Panagiota E. Tsompanopoulou, Panayiotis Bozanis: HyR-tree: a spatial index for hybrid flash/3D XPoint storage. Neural Comput. Appl. 35(1): 133-145 (2023).
- Leonidas Akritidis, Miltiadis Alamaniotis, Panayiotis Bozanis: FLAGR: A flexible high-performance library for rank aggregation. SoftwareX 21: 101319 (2023).
- Leonidas Akritidis, Athanasios Fevgas, Panayiotis Bozanis, Yannis Manolopoulos: An unsupervised distance-based model for weighted rank aggregation with list pruning. Expert Syst. Appl. 202: 117435 (2022).
- Leonidas Akritidis, Miltiadis Alamaniotis, Athanasios Fevgas, Panagiota E. Tsompanopoulou, Panayiotis Bozanis: Improving Hierarchical Short Text Clustering through Dominant Feature Learning. Int. J. Artif. Intell. Tools 31(5): 2250034:1-2250034:24 (2022).
- Leonidas Akritidis, Panayiotis Bozanis: How Dimensionality Reduction Affects Sentiment Analysis NLP Tasks: An Experimental Study. AIAI (2) 2022: 301-312.
- Leonidas Akritidis, Panayiotis Bozanis: Lifting the Curse: Exploring Dimensionality Reduction on Text Clustering Applications. IISA 2022: 1-8.
- Leonidas Akritidis, Miltiadis Alamaniotis, Athanasios Fevgas, Panayiotis Bozanis: A Scalable Short-Text Clustering Algorithm Using Apache Spark. ICTAI 2021: 927-934.
- «Virtual Museum over a Sensor Web (iMuSe)», 500.000 €, Coordinator (EEA Grants-ΥΠ.ΟΙ.Ο. 7/2009-4/2011)
- «SWeFS - Sensor Web Fire Shield», (Thales, 2012-2014)
- «Continuous Transistor Sizing Toolset for Νanoscale IC Οptimization» (Collaboration, 2013-2015)
- Leonidas Akritidis (2013, University of Thessaly, Greece)
- Athanasios Fevgas (2019, University of Thessaly, Greece)