I am Associate Professor at the International Hellenic University, University Center of International Programmes of Studies, Department of Science and Technology in Thessaloniki, Greece, and Associate Research Fellow at the University of Leuven (KU Leuven), Public Governance Institute, Belgium. I also work as IT Strategic Analyst at the Council of the EU Brussels, Belgium.
My teaching and research focus on the areas of the digital transformation of modern organisations. More specifically my research areas cover the following fields: business information systems, eGovernment, eCommerce, interoperability, data and information management strategies and semantic web technologies. I try to create bridges between business and technology, as well as between scientific/academia and professional communities.
I have worked as Programme Manager in the European Commission, Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administration (ISA/ISA2) Programme being in charge for semantic interoperability and open data. I’ve been Research Fellow and eGovernment cluster leader in the Digital Enterprise Research Institute in Galway, Ireland (now INSIGHT). Before that, I worked as researcher and consultant in various organizations, including the United Nations, Department of Public Economy and Public Administration (DPEPA) (2000-2003) and the University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece. I initiated and coordinated several international R&D projects in the area of Electronic Government (e.g. Infocitizen, EU-Publi.com, SemanticGov, etc).
I’ve published over 140 scientific papers and served as editor, program committee member and reviewer in
more than 100 scientific journals, books, conferences. The Publish or Perish tool on 01/04/2023, gives me an H-index of 30 and more than 3300 references to my work. A list of publications indexed in DBLP can be found here.
- The modernization of the digital services of the Hellenic Public Administration based on international and European standards Funding Framework: General Secretariat for Digital Policy Duration: 01.02.2018 – 30/09/2020
- Co-Creating Misinformation – Resilient Societies Co-Inform Funding Framework: Horizon 2020 Duration: 01/04/2018-31/07/2021
- Digital Europe for All (DE4A) Funding Framework: Horizon 2020 Duration: 01/01/2020-30/04/2023)
- Analysis of data, procedures and key registers for the digital transformation of public administration. Funding Framework: National Infrastructures for Research and Technology (GRNET) Duration: 07.04.2022 – 31/12/2022
- GR eGOV & Public Services Digital Innovation HUB– (GR DigiGOV-innoHUB) Funding Framework: Digital Europe 2021-2027 Duration: 01/01/2023 – 31/12/2025
- Resilience, Competitiveness and Social Justice: Towards a Just Green and Digital Transition of Greek Regions (JustReDI) Funding Framework: Greece 2.0, Recovery and Resilience Facility National Recovery and Resilience Plan
- Shah Syed Iftikhar Hussain
- Athanasios Deligiannis
- Thomais Gkrimpizi
- Danai Vlachava
- Ioannis Konstantinidis
- Eleni Kapantai