Stavros G. Stavrinides
Dr. Stavros G. Stavrinides is a Physicist with a MSc in Electronics and a PhD in Chaotic Electronics, all awarded by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in Thessaloniki, Greece. He currently serves as a Faculty Member (ΕΔΙΠ) of the School of Science and Technology at International Hellenic University (IHU), Thessaloniki, Greece. He has taught in academia numerous topics in circuit theory and electronics, timeseries forecasting and data security. Previous academic positions, include serving as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the ECE Dept. at University of Cyprus (2012-2013); Adjunct Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Physics (2009-2011), Informatics Depts. (2008-2010) and the MSc on Electronic Physics (2006-2010) at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the Computer Science Department (2014-2017), the MSc on Informatics and Computational Biology (2014-2017) and the MSc in Financial Forecasting and Econophysics (2017-2021) at the University of Thessaly and the Department of Electrical Engineering T.E. (2008-2018) at the TEI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace. He has also supervised several undergraduate and master theses, while he currently co-supervises an on-going PhD at the University of Balearic Islands in Spain.
His research interests include, non-exhaustively:
- Design of analog and mixed-signal electronic circuits;
- Chaotic electronics and their applications, including chaotic synchronization (with emphasis on secure data transmission and cryptography);
- Nonlinear dynamics of electronic devices;
- Memristors and memristive circuits;
- Hardware-based security with emphasis on the Internet of Things and edge computing applications,
- Circuits and systems based on Stochastic Logic (Stochastic Computing)
- Education and Econophysics.
He has participated, as a researcher or coordinator, in several nationally and internationally (EU, NATO) funded projects, while he served as the STSM Committee Chair in the COST-IC1401 action on memristors. Dr. Stavrinides has been member of numerous Conference Committees (Program/Organizing/Scientific), while he chaired the 4th International Interdisciplinary Symposium on Chaos and Complex Systems (CCS2019). He has been reviewer in more than 80 prestigious scientific journals and conferences, as well as research projects, edited two books and guest edited six journal special issues. Finally, he is an IEEE Senior Member and member of the Chua Memristor Center.
Currently open special issue calls for papers
- MDPI Micromachines: Memristors – From next generation devices to unconventional and bio-inspired circuits and systems
- MDPI Physics: Chaos in Electronics
Publicity regarding Dr Stavrinides research activities
- Athens News Agency (ANA-AMNA): Article about research on epidemic models.
- Greek Newspaper «Η ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ»: Article about research results on epidemic models.
- Internet Radio Station of the School of Medicine at University of Athens: Interview about the self-organizing diffusion approach in epidemics.
- Greek Newspaper «Η ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ»: 2nd Article about research results on epidemic models.
- United Nations article: “Universities Create New Epidemiological Model to Study COVID-19 Dynamics”
Working with: GMDH Streamline: Demand Planning Software
- Digital information transmission using discrete chaotic signal N. Anagnostopoulos, A.N. Miliou, S.G. Stavrinides, A.S. Dmitriev, E.V. Efremova In “Chaos Synchronization and Cryptography for Secure Communications: Applications for Encryption” edited by Santo Banerjee. Chapter 19, pp. 439-462, IGI Global, ISBN: 978-1615207374, May 2010.
- The route from synchronization to de-synchronization of chaotic operating circuits and systems G. Stavrinides, A.N. Anagnostopoulos In “Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Science and Engineering – Vol. 3” edited by Santo Banerjee and Lamberto Rondoni. Chapter 9, pp. 229-275, Springer, ISBN: 978-3642340161, February 2013.
- Implementing memristor emulators in hardware S.G. Stavrinides, R. Picos, F. Corinto, Carola de Benito In “Mem-elements for Neuromorphic Circuits with Artificial Intelligence Applications” edited by Christos K. Volos and Viet-Thanh Pham. Chapter 2, pp. 17-40, Springer, ISBN: 978-0128211847, July 2021.
- Applications of nanotechnology in alzheimer disease Maria Chountoulesi, Nikolaos Naziris, Anna Gioran, Aristeidis Papagiannopoulos, Barry R. Steele, Maria Micha-Screttas, Stavros G. Stavrinides, Michael Hanias, Niki Chondrogianni, Stergios Pispas, Cécile Arbez-Gindre, and Costas Demetzos In “Handbook of Computational Neurodegeneration” Edited by Panayiotis Vlamos, Ilias S. Kotsireas and Ioannis Tarnanas. Accepted for publication, Springer, ISBN: 978-3319759234, 2024.
- A digital non-autonomous chaotic oscillator suitable for information transmission G. Stavrinides, N.F. Karagiorgos, K. Papathanasiou, S. Nikolaidis and A.N. Anagnostopoulos IEEE TCAS-II: Express Briefs, 60(12), Article Number 6654269, pp. 887-891, 2013.
- Using modern RF tools to predict chaotic behaviour of electronic circuits and systems G. Stavrinides, K. Papathanasiou and A.N. Anagnostopoulos International Journal of Electronics, 102(2), pp. 233-247, 2015.
- Chaotic Behavior of Random Telegraph Noise in nanoscale UTBB FD-SOI MOSFETs H. Tassis, S. G. Stavrinides, M.P. Hanias, C.G. Theodorou, G. Ghibaudo and C.A. Dimitriadis IEEE Electron Device Letters, 38(4), pp. 517-520, 2017.
- A Universal Physics-Based Model Describing COVID-19 Dynamics in Europe Υ. Contoyiannis, G. Stavrinides, M.P. Hanias, M. Kampitakis, P. Papadopoulos, R. Picos, S.M. Potirakis International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(18), p. 6525, 2020.
- Experimental evaluation of the dynamic route map in the reset transition of memristive ReRAMs Maldonado, Μ.Β. Gonzalez, F. Campabadal, F. Jimenez-Molinos, M.M. Al Chawa, S.G. Stavrinides, J.B. Roldan, R. Tezlaff, R. Picos, L.O. Chua, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 139, Art. No. 110288, 2020.
- Observation of stochastic resonance for weak periodic magnetic field signal using chaotic system G. Silva, W. Korneta, S.G. Stavrinides, R. Picos, L.O. Chua Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 94, Article No. 105558, 2021.
- “Stochastic Computing Implementation of Chaotic Systems” O. Camps, S.G. Stavrinides, R. Picos Mathematics, 9(4), Article No. 375, pp. 1-20, 2021.
- An automated setup for the analysis of chaotic systems G. Stavrinides, Th. Laopoulos and A.N. Anagnostopoulos In Proceedings of the ΙΕΕΕ International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IEEE IDAACS 2005), pp. 628-632, September 2005, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Impulsive synchronization between two chaotic double-scroll circuits Volos, I.M. Kyprianidis, I. Stouboulos, S.G. Stavrinides, M. Ozer and A.Ν. Anagnostopoulos Chaos and Complex Systems: Procedings of the 4th International Interdisciplinary Symposium on Chaos and Complex Systems – Springer Complexity Series, pp. 469-474, CCS 2012, May 2012, Antalya, Turkey.
- An initial approach in teaching Chaos Theory at school G. Stavrinides, M. Hanias, P. Konstantaki In Proceedings of the International Congress and Exhibition on Current Trends on Science and Technology Education (SCITEED 2014), pp. 70-76, April 2014, Lykia, Turkey.
- A two-transistor non-ideal memristor emulator Kalomiros, S.G. Stavrinides, F. Corinto In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Modern Circuits and Systems Technology (IEEE-MOCAST2016), Article No. 7495164, May 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- “Design and implementation of passive memristor emulators using a charge-flux approach” M. M. Al Chawa, C. de Benito, M. Roca, R. Picos, S.G. Stavrinides In Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits & Systems 2018 (ΙΕΕΕ-ISCAS 2018), pp. 1-5, IEEE Xplore doi: 10.1109/ISCAS.2018.8351738, May 2018, Florence, Italy.
- A Purely Digital Memristor Emulator based on a Flux-Charge Model Camps, M.M. Al Chawa, C. de Benito, M. Roca, S.G. Stavrinides, R. Picos and L.O. Chua In Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Electronics Circuits and Systems (IEEE ICECS2018), 8618030, pp. 565-568, December 2018, Bordeaux, France.
- Efficient Implementation of Memristor Cellular Nonlinear Networks using Stochastic Computing Camps, S. G. Stavrinides, R. Picos In Proceedings of the 2020 European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD), pp. 1-4, IEEE Xplore doi: 10.1109/ECCTD49232.2020.9218298, September 2020, Sofia, Bulgaria.